I'm not sure what mode the author of the start of this thread was using but
I had a similar experience once and here is what caused it. I had been
operating some digital mode stuff one night. I shut the radio down and the
next day I found that I had no RF out when trying my favorite digital mode.
I reset the database and that fixed the problem. But it still bugged me that
something had happened during the night to screw up the database. So I went
back and looked at the issue again and found out that the problem was self
inflicted and had nothing to do with a bad database. The night before I had
messed with the transmit bandwidth and left it set to some narrow value.
When I tried it the next day it just so happened that the tones the digital
program generated were outside the transmit passband. Therefore no RF
output. A rookie mistake for sure.