As Microsoft wants to sell Win7, they are quickly raising the price of XP so
that its not economically feasible to buy it (which I would do if I were
Microsoft also). In the last 2 months, they have raised the price of a valid
OEM copy from $129 to $169. I do not think this will stop either, it seems
like a $20 rise every 2-3 weeks. Its at the point ($30 higher than Win7 Pro)
where its not justifiable to buy it.

BTW, its not just profit motive behind Microsoft's decision. One of the main
drivers is that XP comes with Internet Explorer 6. Today, believe it or not,
IE 6 is the most used browser in the world! IE6 is a horrible program, it is
very buggy, does not adhere to any internet standards and the most current
standards of X/HTML will not work with users running IE6. So, Microsoft is
also using this as a motivation to stop propagating IE6 as they need to kill
its use before all the users start complaining that it doesn't work with
xxxx website.

If you have XP on your PSDR system, stay with it (but upgrade to Firefox!).
If you have a choice and the price difference from XP to Win7 is more than
$20, pass on XP and go with Win7 32 bit!

73
Neal Campbell
Abroham Neal Software
www.abrohamnealsoftware.com