On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 3:39 AM, Lazy Senior <lazysen...@verizon.net> wrote:
> OH MY GOD, you got DPC's of 120us...
>
> So what? Since PSDR will run just fine with 1000us to 1500us with no ill
> effects why are you worrying about 120us? Bottom line - If PSDR runs without
> problems, do not worry about what your DPC's are.

That is probably true. Certainly it is my method of thinking.

But it is *really* annoying to be running something for a long time
(WSPR comes to mind), and then notice that, some time ago, the radio
stopped working.

> I think Flexers would be much happier if they just deleted the DPC
> checker...

Stan, the DPC checker is still useful for tuning and evaluating a
configuration, especially one that will tell you about a DPC spike
when you weren't looking at the screen. It is still a tuning tool and
once you can bound the upper limit of DPC values, you can finally
leave everything alone ... until Microsoft pushes out an update that
breaks things again. ;-)

--
73 de Brian, WB6RQN/J79BPL