Did you turn it off by the AC switch on the power supply. If not, the supply is still active if it is a computer supply. The standby power is always available if the AC switch is on. I had a computer switcher that went bad and started generating noise even when the computer was off. I finally located the problem by disconnecting the AC power cable which was easier then reaching around the back of the computer to turn the AC switch off.

73,
Bill
NJ1H

On 5/5/2010 6:27 AM, Mark Lunday wrote:
Noise floor seems lower, good point

I do have a new switching supply nearby, but it is powered off.

Mark Lunday, WD4ELG
wd4...@arrl.net
http://wd4elg.blogspot.com
http://wd4elg.net

-----Original Message-----
From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of Ray J
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 9:45 PM
To: FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] What changed?

Is this new on your 3000?.

I know my 1000 has always had lots of spurs on the high bands.

Was your noise floor higher before and now lower? they might have been
below the noise.?

Is there a new switching power supply in the area?

are they there with a 50 ohm load right at the radio?

w9Ray

x-radio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/