From time to time I don't agree 100% with Mr. Winkis but this time I have no
choice. The SONY Studio Monitor 7506 headphones are also used at K9WRU. I've been told they are an "audio industry standard."

73

Lee  K9WRU
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Winkis" <kc...@bellsouth.net>
To: "Tim Ellison" <telli...@itsco.com>
Cc: <flexradio@flex-radio.biz>
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2010 6:40 PM
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] headset

If I told the story once Ive told it 50 times...

A few years ago I was working on a project with NBC and TPA .... The shows opening number was a very big production number ... and we decided to do it live but sync...So the rhythm track,Piano,Bass, Drums, was laid down in Atlanta, the tape was sent to NYC and the main vocal was addd'd .... the tape was sent to London where the back up singers and chorus laid down their track, the tape was then sent to LA where the full orchestra was add'd, then back to NYC for rehearsal and finally the show ..The producers in order to keep all on the same plane so that apples were apples and oranges were oranges ... said the Sony MDR 7506's
headphones were to be used by ALL concerned.
I was on the floor with the "Beach Boys" a few weeks ago, and with "Rain" (Beatles) last month ... again the audio guys had 7506's, I could go on and on about whose/who ..but the 7506 are light, the sound is true with NO COLOR added ..... Today so many headphones are colored to make them sound good...but in essence the 7506's work very well in a ham application ... also when you get "Pad Fatigue", you can order replacement pads from Sony....Pad should be changed yearly as the distance from the transducer to your canal is important!! And when your not using them hang them with the pads turned out.....so the foam can regain its memory ....

Just my $.05 cents...

-Bill
kc...@bellsouth.net