y...@aol.com wrote:
Here is my question, Have a 1000 that Iam giving to one of the kids in our
club. He asked me about 6 meters,as he worked that band as a tech. I looked
thru the forms and the KB didn't see much about the 1000 and six meters. I
never used the radio on 6 and do not remember. I realize the rig has very low
output on six , How did the 1000 hear on six meters? Better off to use a
transverter for 6?
I have the SDR1000-LP, so I can't speak to the low power out if you have the PA installed. On my unit the output on 6m is ~300mw, which is comparable to the lower bands. On receive it performs reasonably well, although is not as sensitive as my F3000. I have made some contacts barefoot when 6 is open, but really could use a preamp. My 6M7JHV at 60ft helps! The spurs are not too bad; they are actually lower than on 10m.

Certainly a useable rig, but get it in his hands before the E-season is over.

GL & 73,  Alf  NU8I
Scottsdale  AZ  DM43an