So I just got my Flex 5Ka last week. Got it all setup, antennas plugged
in, software, etc... It's fully functional and I'm running PowerSDR
2.0.8.

I had heard some mixed reviews about the internal ATU, but I got one
anyways. Until today, all I had was a Hustler 6BTV and a Cushcraft
5-band 20-10m beam. However, today I put up a random-length wire antenna
fed by a homebrew Magnetic Longwire Balun into a broomstick with a coil
of about 30'of AWG14, finally going to a straight run of another 70-80'
of AWG14 ending at the big willow tree in my backyard. On average, it's
about 2.5-3 storeys above ground.

I was going to go buy a manual tuner for it, but I thought I'd hook it
up to ANT3 and see what it would do.

IT TUNES EVERY BAND FROM 80-10M WITH NO HIGHER THAN 1.4:1 SWR!!!

I'm currently doing some PSK31 on 40m, but it's stable and working quite
well. I still need the tuner for 160m (although I'm trying to figure out
if I can add another 30' or so and give it another try), but the ATU
rocks everywhere else.

Just thought I'd share with the group J

vy 73 de VA3QR