On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 3:11 PM, Ted Leonard <n2...@verizon.net> wrote:

>  Hi Folks,
>
> A couple of days ago I met with success getting Fldigi to work with my 1500
> thanks to a great article by Brian Lloyd WB6RQN on the Fldigi wiki site.
> http://fedorahosted.org/fldigi/wiki/Documentation/HOWTO/PowerSDR
> I used port 6 and 7 with 7 for Cat control in fldigi. He also shows the
> settings for VAC
> PowerSDR and VSPmgr.
>
> I wonder if anyone has done something similar for WSPR, couldn't find it in
> the KB

I haven't gotten around to writing one yet but if you have set up for fldigi
*AND* your application port number are below 10, you should just be able to
set up WSPR.

Things to remember:

   - The com port number for CAT and PTT on the WSPR side of things must be
   less than 10, e.g. com9 OK, com10 not.
   - Configure WSPR to think it is connected to a Kenwood radio.
   - Be sure to reset the VAC port selections in WSPR every time you reboot
   EVEN IF THEY LOOK RIGHT. You may have to change the VAC cable settings, end
   WSPR, and then restart WSPR. Yes, this is ugly but it ensures that it works
   every time for me. I have removed much of my remaining hair learning this
   little tidbit.

That should get you started.

> Ted W3VG

Brian Lloyd, WB6RQN/J79BPL