An additional source of error is the fact that the 5000 does not tune continuously. It tunes in steps, and they are irregular, so an additional correction is required. When you are watching your WWV phase display, a part of the error you see may be due to this. This may not be important unless you are trying for sub -100 mHz accuracy.

Jerry W4UK