Wow...did we get off the topic on this one!

90% of the replies were of absolutely NO VALUE in helping me
resolve the problem.

In future, maybe you all can start a NEW TOPIC when getting so far
off track?

The only useful advice I got was to run the driver using
administrator, which I did, and it did allow me to see the DPC.

However, it seems that the RICOH-based firewire will not work with
the PowerSDR 2...

I tried as many combinations of buffer/etc as I could...and
managed to get the system to work...for 3-seconds... then it hung
up again...

I have reverted back to my old Toshiba with TI-based firewire that
WORKS...

The Toshiba has some keypads missing, but at least it works!