Hello all,

I have been fighting a problem with my Flex-3000 setup (or one that it is a
victim of) which I believe... is related to RF getting back into it and
freezing it up (Problem: display wave form freezes on transmit after
modulation, Flex-3000 requires a power cycle/PSDR needs to be restarted on
my notebook PC).

At first I thought it was a problem with my firewire card and all that, but
eventually got to try transmitting into a dummy load and under this scenario
the rig does not freeze up when transmitting (all the way up to full power
out/100w).

Other details:

* 50¹ of LMR-400 feeding a Radiowavz OCF DX 80 ( replaced RG-8X with the
LMR-400 as part of my debug process here)
* Insertion/use of an external tuner does not seem to change the symptoms or
prevent freeze up
* Increasing output power (and Mic gain to drive it) beyond a few watts into
the antenna causes it to crash
* Problem seems to be worst on 40m, but I have had it crash on 20m as well.
Higher bands seen less prone to crashing

Grounding:

I have been trying different grounding things but to no avail. I DO NOT
currently have a 8¹ rod handily pounded into the ground nearby. I have tried
the incoming copper water pipe in addition to normal A/C house ground (I
also tried a 50¹ run of RG-8x to that incoming water pipe, with the C/S
shorted on the pipe end and a .01uf ceramic cap between the center and the
shield on the other end, where I then connected the center to the GND on the
Flex-3000).

Other rigs:

Prior to purchasing the Flex-3000 I have been running my FT-897D into this
same antenna setup with no known (or detected) issues related to ground or
RFI, etc.

Thoughts? Ideas? Theories? What am I missing here? Is there anything in the
Flex-3000 that maybe is futz in some way that would make it hypersensitive
to some RF(???) in the shack? Or am I missing some other angle here?

Thanks in advance,
Russ, KF1K