Weird dropout problem:

When my Flex 5000A is in the AM mode and running 5 watts of carrier (carrier level at 25%), with no audio just carrier, into a dummy load, there are extremely short intermittent dropouts of the carrier. The scope sees a flicker, but the dropout is so short that the wattmeter doesn't show any change. In a key down position for aprox 4 minutes, there will be only 2 or 3 dropouts. Dropouts are also heard on AM receive as a brief "pop" sound. I never noticed this in the SSB mode.

I changed my audio from 96,000 at 2048 to 48,000 at 2048 and the problem disappeared. I'm perfectly happy with the 48,000 setting and am writing this just to try and understand what strange thing is going on.

While running the tests, there are no other programs running that I initiated.

There is no reason for me to change my current settings because everything is running fine, I'm just curious.

Version 2.0.16, computer is multiple I7 cpu's, running Win 7 Pro.

73,

Ken W2DTC