Flex 5000a with 2nd receiver
PowerSDR 1.18.6
Flex_wire Driver v3.5.0.7171
Win7 Pro 64 bit

Things had been going very well since 12/4/2010 when I put the 5000a on the air for the first time. Did an update today from the MS Win7 64 bit update site. NO drivers were updated, only "important" ("important" is MS's word - not mine) updates done - mainly Security updates,Win Defender, Cumulative update for Internet Explorer 8 (even though I have only IE 7 installed.) and Malicious Software Removal tool.

After updates, I am unable to get PowerSDR to start normally. I get an error message: No Devices Found: Enter Demo Mode?

Is there a known problem with the updates? Do I need to uninstall IE 8 updates or other updates? I do not know why IE8 updates were installed.

I am a nooby, still learning the 5000a.

73,

Brad A. Steffler
KE4XJ