From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of Nayar, Sasi (PIRSA-SARDI)
Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2011 9:22 AM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] Flex 3000 Newbie question

Hi all

I ordered a Flex 3000 last week and am eagerly waiting for the radio to run up.
In the mean time I have been trolling through all the literature available on
this great radio. My plan is to use this radio exclusively on digital modes. I
have a Fujitsu Lifebook computer with a burst soundcard. My observation so far
is that the Flex 3000 does not use the sound card of the computer. Am I correct
in assuming that I can get away using this computer without the soundcard? Will
this impact on the operation of this radio? The issue I have is that my desktop
computer in the shack (A Dell GX620) does not have a firewire port and there is
abslutely no room in the machine to accomodate one. The last resort is to buy
another laptop.

73
Sasi
VK5SN