What software and version are you using for the virtual com port pairs.

-Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of Gary Warner
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 3:57 PM
To: FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] fldigi error

I am suddenly getting an error when I start fldigi, although fldigi seems to
still work after the message noted below (although I could only find CW this
morning).

Here is a re-write of the event log, since the image of the log was rejected by
the moderator

"I:  testCommPorts: Found Serial port COM2
I:  testCommPorts: Found Serial port COM3
I:  testCommPorts: Found Serial port COM4
I:  testCommPorts: Found Serial port COM5
I:  testCommPorts: Found Serial port COM7
I:  testCommPorts: Found Serial port COM8
I:  testCommPorts: Found Serial port COM9
I:  testCommPorts: Found Serial port COM10
I:  testCommPorts: Found Serial port COM12
I:  testCommPorts: Found Serial port COM14
I:  testCommPorts: Found Serial port COM15
I:  testCommPorts: Found Serial port COM17
I:  testCommPorts: Found Serial port COM18
I:  testCommPorts: Found Serial port COM19
I:  testCommPorts: Found Serial port COM20
E:  OpenPORT: Invalid handle
E:  rigCAT_init: Cannot open serial port COM16
I:  open_talker: Talker Server not available
I:  speak: Talker server not available"

I have only one physical COM port in the machine (COM1), and I created the
ports in pairs 2 and 12, 3 and 13, ...6 and 16... etc

I am also using COM16 for Ham Radio Deluxe solely for the Log (only when fldigi
is not running), and I looked at the processes that were active in Windows Task
Manager, and did not see HRD running, so I do not think that is causing the
conflict.

I am running SDR 2.0.16 on a Windows 7- 64 bit machine, with Fldigi 3.20.34

What is wrong?

Gary
WG1I