I have observed this same operation. As a result I had to just use the PA output on the 1500 for 6M during the contest. If I switched to xvtr/com the power out went to zero. Reboot/restart of SDR was the only cure for me as well. Also using 2.0.16 on 64bit win7.

SDR worked just fine on 6M as long as I didn't switch off to the XVTR port. I really need this functionality to work if I'm going to use the SDR to drive the xverter stack.

GL

kr0ver/r