I don't have Win7 so no need for SDR-1000 to work on it. Although I'm thinking about selling the SDR-1000 since receiving the FLEX-5000, so I do have a financial interest for the SDR-1000 to run on whatever a potential buyer uses for their OS.

What was the initial problem with SDR-1000 and Win7-64, was the issue related to sound-card drivers? If so, I'm wondering if anyone is using Win7-64bit with a FA-66 (64-bit drivers) on their SDR-1000. Of course the issue might be pSDR support for the parallel port or any number of other issues.

Dan

On 1/31/2011 12:34 PM, Tim Ellison wrote:
Bill,

PowerSDR with the SDR-1000 will not work using a 64-bit operating system and as
such, it is not supported.
http://www.flexradio.com/Support.aspx?topic=PowerSDR_Compatibility

-Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of william krause
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2011 2:05 PM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] (no subject)

I'll try again. I have a SDR-1000 that I have been using on a Dell 4600 with XP
sp3, and it has worked fine. The computer cratered and I purchased a Dell
Insipiron MT560. Dual core with windows 7 64 bit. The computer didn't have a
parallel port. Purchased a Moschip PCIe x1 board as the other slots were
already occupied with 1394 firewire and dual monitor board, 4 total slots. 1K
didn't recognize board on transmit or rcv. Neil suggested another chip board.
No difference. Flex no longer sells Parallel to USB adapter,and I haven't found
a suitable substitute. Anyone have this experince. Need Help. Wk5F Bill Krause
also w...@sbcglobal.net

database 5835 (20110131) __________

http://www.eset.com

--