Mark,

Thanks. I think I read somewhere that DDUtil is required to connect the Flex for band switching, but I am still looking for confirmation on that.

Gary

On 2/10/2011 8:47 PM, Mark Lunday wrote:
Gary

There is a bandswitch that might work for the ALS 1300:
http://www.classicinternational.eu/_clientfiles/manuals/ari500.pdf  Some ops
on eham say it does work for their rigs:
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/8288

http://www.ad5x.com/images/Presentations/ALS1300%20Review.pdf  but it reads
data from a rig like the TS480.

I don't see how you could do a bandswitch with the ALS-1300 and the Flex
3000.   The only thing available on the Flex 3000 is a keying line to
activate the amp T/R switch (which I am using on my THP 1.2KFX and it works
perfectly for my CW QSK needs)

Maybe there is some sort of interface from the computer that ties into the
SDR software, but I am not aware of it.

Also, FYI there are buffers out there from DX Engineering that will do the
trick of isolation.

But I have a few questions first (if I may ask), and perhaps we need to take
these off-board

1. CW or SSB
2. What band?
3. You should not have a problem working cross country, unless it is a
specific instance that goes against the grain of known prop characteristics
of a particular band

Feel free to contact me offboard and I will be happy to help you.

Mark Lunday, WD4ELG
Greensboro, NC  FM06be
wd4...@arrl.net
http://wd4elg.blogspot.com