From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of Michael Ruttenberg
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2011 3:50 PM
To: Flexradio forum
Subject: [Flexradio] VAC v4.10 vs 4.09

When I bought VAC I got v4.10. This was last Aug. It worked great for me on
PSDR 1.18.6.

Can anyone point me to v4.09 as I am now using PSDR 2.0.16 and now
experience the scratchiness.

Happy to prove my email as a receipt in case anyone wants proof of purchase.

Thanks in advance
Mike
G7TWC

On 11 Feb 2011, at 22:35, Jim Jannuzzo <jsqu...@msn.com> wrote:

> Barry,
> I know there are a dozen people who are champing at the bit to answer
this, but they're waiting for someone to start.
> First of all, you can use the Flex without any other software if you want.
But the Flex lets you use other software to auto-control your SteppIR,  send
really clean digital signals without audio cables or soundcards, and other
stuff.

> Your Steppir can be controlled by CAT commands from the Flex, through your
PC.  Since the Flex can output CAT commands to only one COM or Parallel port
on your PC,  you'll need the little program called DDUtil (Steve Nance's
gem).  Go to the DDUTil wiki, and read up. (I know you know how to Google up
the address).  One port from Flex can be split for use by by 5 programs
needing CAT commands, without cabling.  Besides band control data, It has
other SteppIR functionality built in, like mute during SteppIR tuning.

> The way to get CAT commands from the Flex to your PC without cables is by
using "virtual serial ports".   VSP Manager is a common favorite.  I think
ComOcom is not being supported any longer.

> You'll also need "Virtual Audio Cables" or VAC 4.09, to get the audio to
and from the Flex to digital programs in your PC without a soundcard or
cables. It's about $30. And you can't use the demo version, or 4.10.

> HRD is a "full featured" radio control suite, including DM 780 to read and
send digital signals, and HRD logger.  Many of the basic HRD radio control
functions are already performed by PowerSDR,  and the added interaction
between PSDR and HRD results in some nasty PTT delays.  Another Steve Nance
program called Mini-Deluxe, can be used to provide a very quick bridge
between PSDR, DM780/ the HRD logger.  It's surprisingly simple, and allows
you to load only DM780 and the HRD logger, without the HRD radio control
software.  Other digital programs are Fldigi and MixW, but DM780 is in
common use on PSK.

> Now everyone else can take their shot.
> Jim KJ2P
>

> -----Original Message----- From: Williams, Barry
> Sent: Friday, February 11, 2011 11:25 AM
> To: 'FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz'
> Subject: [Flexradio] New Flex 5000A w/RX2-UTU
>
> Good Morning,
>
> I have ordered a new Flex 5000A with the 2nd receiver and antenna tuner.
I have not been very active, but decided the capabilities and exposure to
the technology would be interesting.  I have read the manual, the FAQs,
watched the videos and scoured through the knowledge base.  My question is
what other software should I load and learn to use.  It appears com0com, HRD
and D780 are often mentioned.

> The antennas are SteppIR, the amp is a much modified TL-922 which is
seldom used.  I have a uHam interface to control the IC-7800, which contains
the K1EL keyer.

http://www.flexradio.com/

http://www.flexradio.com/