I apologize for dropping the lateral handoff from the Timster.

To be honest, I haven't found many cards not working under win7/win764 so
its hard to say anything isn't okay. The only ones I have had problems with
were native ports in Intel ICH10 chipsets and I have been able to  bypass
those with a USB hub in the middle.

I would naturally suggest staying away from JMicron chipsets as they appear
to be complete crap in every venue, but I do not have any evidence of their
USB stuff to say that.

I think the better question is which ones do not work. Outside of Intel, has
anyone got a horror story to tell??

73
Neal Campbell
Abroham Neal Software
www.abrohamnealsoftware.com
(540) 645 5394 NEW PHONE NUMBER

Amateur Radio: K3NC
Blog: http://www.abrohamnealsoftware.com/blog/
DXBase bug reports: email to [email protected]
Abroham Neal forums: http:/www.abrohamnealsoftware.com/community/





On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 3:03 PM, Tim Ellison <[email protected]> wrote:

> Here are a few USB enhanced controllers that are for a PCI bus that
> specifically claims Win7 (or Vista) compatibility.
>
> http://www.sonnettech.com/product/allegro_usb2.html
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815166014
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815287002
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815158102
>
>
> -Tim
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email protected] [mailto:
> [email protected]] On Behalf Of Michael Tondee
> Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2011 2:43 PM
> To: Mike Ellerson
> Cc: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Flex 1500...I'm lost and confused
>
> I have a Flex Radio tab in my device manager listings. Under it are two
> listings, one for Flex 1500 Software defined radio and one for Flex USB
> Kernel driver. The KB article states there should be a listing under Sound
> and Video controllers as well. I have no doubt that this is probably
> incorrect information being that the release notes for the beta software
> which really should be the most up to date info available is apparently in
> error about the driver and input/output tabs.
>  I consider myself a pretty computer savvy person and I know PowerSDR is in
> beta still. Coupled with the fact that the 1500 is still relatively new, I
> accept the fact that it isn't necessarily "plug and play" and that there
> will be bumps in the road but it doesn't help one solve problems if there is
> out of date info on the manufacturer website.
> This info may have absolutely nothing to do with my issues but it needs to
> be updated so as not to confuse people trying to troubleshoot.
>  I actually think part of my problems stem from the fact that my computer
> apparently on has one internal USB hub that all six available USB ports  are
> attached to. Makes it hard to put the Flex on it's own dedicated USB hub
> which is what I'd like to do. Unfortunately the only slots I have left
> avaiable in my PC  are straight PCI and not PCIe and I have yet to find a
> PCI USB card that specifies that it is Windows 7 compatible or has
> compatible drivers. I have an older Belkin PCI USB 2.0 card here and
> although the PC recognizes it, there is either a problem with the hardware
> or a driver issue because Win 7 cannot install it. It gives " error code 10,
> device cannot start" which my research indicates is usually a driver issue.
> I have tried letting Win 7 install generic drivers as well as trying to
> install the old XP drivers, neither solution works.
> Michael
> On 2/13/2011 2:04 PM, Mike Ellerson wrote:
> > On my WIN7 machine the flex drivers do not show up under the audio
> listing. They are listed in their own category.
> >
> > Sent from my Samsung Captivate(tm) on AT&T
> >
> > Mike Ellerson<[email protected]>  wrote:
> >
> >
> > There are no options under the Audio tab for sound card. There are only
> settings for VAC input / output. The audio for the Radio will come out of
> the head phone jack. The clicking sounds usually means that the buffer size
> is to small for your current computer configuration. Increase the buffer
> size in the audio settings. Another thing to check is install a CPU meter
> plugin for the Win 7 sidebar and see if your CPU is getting dragged down by
> something. You can check what is pulling CPU cycles by doing Alt Ctrl Delete
> and selecting the task manager. You may need to disable the offending
> program/task.
> >
> > Ks4ju
> > Mike
> >
> > Sent from my iPad
> >
> > On Feb 13, 2011, at 12:30 PM, "Michael Tondee"<[email protected]>
>  wrote:
> >
> >> Probably won't be the last time either!  I'm using Windows 7 and my Flex
> 1500 appears to be working OK but there is an annoying clicking present on
> receive audio. In researching the problem, I have come up with two  pieces
> of information that have me a bit befuddled.
> >> The first is in the release notes for the Power SDR 2.x beta. They state
> I should go to the audio tab under setup and click the driver tab to set the
> driver to "Windows WASAPI" and set input and output to mic and speakers
> respectively.
> >> I have no such options, the only option I have under the audio tab is to
> set the buffer size which by the way, I have no idea what value to use for
> it either. Only place I can find an option for setting a driver is under the
> VAC tab and "WASAPI" is not even an option there. Mic and speaker options
> are non existent anywhere.
> >> Further research takes me to the KB and leads me to my second issue
> where there is an article on verifying if my USB drivers are correctly
> installed.. Both the USB items that need to show do indeed appear in my
> device manager. However, according to the article, "Flex l500" should appear
> as a device under my Sound Video and game controllers tab and it doesn't.
> >> So....I am a bit lost and confused here. As I said, the radio appears to
> be working except for the annoying clicking but according to the two pieces
> of info I have cited above, something isn't right.
> >> BTW, I though the clicking might be caused by my USB keyboard being on
> the same hub as the rig but unplugging the keyboard has no effect on the
> clicking.
> >> For all the recent talk about firewire vs USB, I have to say that
> setting up the 5K I used to own on this very same computer was a piece of
> cake compared to setting up the 1500.
> >> A bit of help would be appreciated,
> >> Michael, W4HIJ
> >>
> >>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
> [email protected]
> http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
> Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
> Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage:
> http://www.flexradio.com/
>
> _______________________________________________
> FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
> [email protected]
> http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
> Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
> Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage:
> http://www.flexradio.com/
>
_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flexradio.com/

Reply via email to