My 5k tuner will do this too.  It happens when the antenna's reactance gets too 
high.
It'll match, but as the power level peaks it's no longer a good enough match 
and makes wacky things happen.

> On a perhaps related note, PSDR does not show that I have a tuner in about 1 
> out of 10 starts.  A restart then shows the tuner.  

Happens on mine all the time too.




-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Jim Jannuzzo
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2011 11:51 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Flexradio] ATU Behavior

F5K, w/ ATU; PSDR 2.0.16, Fast 4 core, Win 7/64  

I’m puzzled by the behavior of the ATU in my 5K.  When set to AUTO and a 2.0 
SWR threshold, I still sometimes get the red “High SWR” warning. Shouldn’t the 
ATU then start to tune, instead of just sitting there doing nothing?  It 
doesn’t, and I have to manually start the tune process.    
Antenna is a dipole that is resonant on 40M.    2.0 or less SWR bandpath 
extends throughout the band, according to a trusty MFJ 259b.   Reflected power 
at full TX level is 7 watts or less according to F5K meter.   
I have four DX Engineering 41 ferrites on my antenna coax as it enters the 
radio.  (I had extras, and simply “store” them here.)  No symptoms of 
RF-In-The-Shack.  
On a perhaps related note, PSDR does not show that I have a tuner in about 1 
out of 10 starts.  A restart then shows the tuner.  
Resetting the database, and routinely withdrawing all power to the radio 
overnight, does not change either symptom.  
Is it my ATU settings, my ATU hardware, or is there more work to be done on the 
ATU code?
Jim KJ2P
        
_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flexradio.com/


_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flexradio.com/

Reply via email to