Les:

There is a three amp fuse and a reverse polarity diode that will blow the
fuse
to protect the Flex-1500.  It is a cheap automotive fuse, so you can buy at
local
auto parts store, or order from Mouser.  I can send you disassembly and
replacement instructions for the fuse, if you are comfortable opening up the
case on your 1500.  Probably not any other damage to your 1500.  Or you
can send it back here for fuse replacement.

I am more concerned that the USB cable was getting hot.  This means the
radio was not properly grounded and the power supply was seeking ground
through the computer cable.  We have had a certain un-named PowerSDR
software developer do something like this and burn up the motherboard in
their computer.

--- Graham / KE9H

==