These type of comments,ideas, suggestions emphasize my urging that the
FlexTeam must issue a more thorough PowerSDR user manual that explains stuff
like this. I realize the manual might be +300 pages, but I need to read and
understand like many others do !!

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 6:14 PM, Tim Ellison <telli...@itsco.com> wrote:

> I am replying to both lists (yes, I know that is not allowed, but this is
> important) since I have had this question asked several times.
>
> They entire behavior of the digital mode RX filters has changed.  Other
> than changing the filter widths to something more usable for narrow band
> digital modes (as opposed to using phone filter widths) the center frequency
> (CF) of the filters is determined by the DIGx Click Tune offsets
> (Setup->General->Options).  You can change the filter width to whatever you
> want, but the CF is always the same as the Digi Mode Click Tune offset
> value.
>
> This is best explained as an example.
>
> Example:
>
> DIGU is set for a 1500 Hz click tune / filter offset by default
>
> The 1.0k filter (500 Hz on either side of its center frequency) has a high
> cut of 1500 Hz + 500Hz = 2K above the VFO frequency readout and a low cut of
> 1500 Hz - 500 Hz = 1K below the VFO frequency readout.
>
> If you go and change the Click Tune / Filter Offsets to say 1000 Hz, then
> the filters auto re-align to the new center frequency and the 1.0k filter
> now has a high cut of 1500 Hz and a low cut of 500 Hz.
>
> Now if you click tune a digital signal in the Panadapter when in DIGx, it
> is ALWAYS centered in your RX filter no matter the filter bandwidth because
> the signal of interest is offset by the same amount as the filter's center
> frequency.
>
> To determine if you have the new RX preset filter settings, enable either
> DIGx mode see if the smallest RX filter is 75 Hz.  If not then you will have
> to right click on a filter option and reset back to the defaults.
>
> -Tim

You cannot change history, but you can make history!
Education is the only legal cure for stupidity.