Having just purchased a 1500, I am starting to agree with you Ron. my 756 pro II has a scope, but it's not near what the Flex is. Once you get use to using a mouse and a few key's the Flex is really easy to use. Most guys talk about not like a SDR because they miss knobs, but I must say I got over that in about 5 mins of using the Flex. Not sure if I will spend the bigger dollars for a 5000 or 3000, the 1500 does a lot, and I connected to my AL-811H amp, now getting 100watts more or less depending on the band, makes the 1500 really useful. Life is to short for QRP.

Dave W9WRL

Ron McKean wrote:
I have been a ham for more than 30 years and have had many radios,  but
recently I had to have my Flex repaired due to an operator temporary (I hope
it was temporary) loss of comon sense.  The Flex is not the only radio in my
shack so I believed it would be no problem to use one of the other rigs
while my Flex was off to Austin.  Well, I was wrong!   I found that I would
rather not operate rather than use one of the other rigs.  In every way my
Flex is better than the other rigs in my shack.  As I have heard other Flex
owners say, it is like operating in the dark, when trying to use a rig
without the visual interface.  I guess I will have to sell one of the other
rigs and buy a second Flex, just in case I have another loss of comon sense.

Thanks for all at Flex for the great radios and software that you produce.
Also thanks for the personal interest each of you take in supporting your
customers.