Hello all,

I have been experiencing an unusual bug with my 5000A and the 2nd receiver
when I transmit in AM, or put out a steady carrier.  People on the other end
hear very loud motor-boating of my signal at around 400Hz.  Same happens
when I put a steady carrier out there.  The motor-boating stops when I shut
off the 2nd receiver.  I have a GAP vertical connected to the 2nd receiver
via a coax switch so I can disconnect the GAP if needed but that doesn't
stop the motor-boating, only shutting off the 2nd receiver does.

I'm running XP with core 2 Duo hardware, PSDR 2.0.22, and all the latest
firmware and software updates.  This also happens on any band from 80m to 6m
and I'm only running 25w.

By the way, the GAP is 70' from then main tower with the horizontal antennas
on it.  Also, when I look at my signal from the 5000A on a monitor scope I
see the signal switching on and off like it's being keyed on and off so the
motor-boating is not a modulation but the carrier being keyed on and off....

All help and suggestions are welcome except selling my 5000A.

Regards, Dennis, k0eoo