I always read, listen to other comments, make notes and then try the ideas.
When I find a combo that works for me I stick with it regardless of the
naysayers...so good for you and enjoy your set up !!! I believe your
approach is very good and worth attention.

Ted, WB2LOU

On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 10:29 PM, Eddie DeYoung <vk...@optusnet.com.au>wrote:

> Hi all. I completely disagree with the comments against FLdigi. and it is
> based on recent experience running HUGE pileups on RTTY and PSK31 from
> 3D2A.using my Flex5000A with PSDR2
>
> By setting the DIGL and DIGU filters with CUSTOMISED bandpasses. using
> 1000Hz as the CF for PSK31 with 50Hz bandwith, and RTTY with Mark-Space of
> 1170 & 1000 and a CF of 1085 and a bandwidth of 225Hz you can easily pick
> out ANY signal from the hundreds calling by looking at the waterfall trails
> and simply moving the Receiver freq very slightly to line up the one you
> want to work. it is so easy!  FLdigi interfaces with N1MM as well so you do
> not need BOTH programs running. Many of the comments about MMTTY vs FLdigi
> simply are NOT TRUE in 'the real world'. I do not care WHAT the theoretical
> calculations are! (and I am an Electronics Engineer). so if you want to
> work
> RTTY(AFSK), PSK31, PSK64 and many other digital modes using N1MM and FLdigi
> is the way to go.  I back up what I say from real-world experience!  Eddie
> VK4AN 3D2A

You cannot change history, but you can make history!
Education is the only legal cure for stupidity.