On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 11:51 AM, Michael Walker <[email protected]>wrote:

> The plot thickens.
>
> Now, both Keith and i have lost all our settings for no apparent
> reason other than I did notice that PowerSDR did crash.
>
> Three days later, I have no power output.
>
> I exit PowerSDR, power cycle the 3000 and restart PowerSDR. Power is
> back for about 10 seconds of transmit.
>
> I then repeat the process twice more.
>
> On the 3rd time ... Power comes back up and this time stays up.  That
> was yesterday.
>
> Today, same exact process.  Three times and now power is back up.
>
> Any thoughts?
>

Yes. I ran into the same problem here. The problem turned out to be
RF-in-the-Shack. I rerouted the wiring to reduce coupling between the coax
and the FireWire cable. I then added a common-mode choke to the feedline
near the shack. Problem solved, even at 500W (IC-2KL amplifier operating).

-- 
Brian Lloyd, WB6RQN/J79BPL
3191 Western Dr.
Cameron Park, CA 95682
[email protected]
+1.767.617.1365 (Dominica)
+1.931.492.6776 (USA)
(+1.931.4.WB6RQN)
_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flexradio.com/

Reply via email to