DDUtil has a TOT and it works well. I know- I set it at three minutes (Who talks longer than three minutes, right?) in preparation for remoting. In the middle of a long-winded QSO, everything shut down and I had no idea what went wrong. After I closed a lot of windows, I found the notice from DDUtil about the imposition of a Time Out for my long-winded discourse on something or other. ARM (Another Rookie Mistake).
Jim KJ2P

-----Original Message----- From: Luke Rainville (WebMail) A transmission time out timer can prevent potential disaster. Think of what might happen if you click the tune mode in CW, the link dies, and your Flex is happily buzzing away at 100 watts. Currently Flex does not implement a TOT in PSDR but I have seen it on the want list. Currently I monitor my power supply current and if it is continuous for more than 90 seconds, the DC supply to the Flex is interrupted. This is far from elegant, but neither is a smoking radio.