Hi All,

I have a quick question for you all ....
I ran an over night WSPR session on the 40m band last night with just 5w of O/P from my F3K.

I was somewhat surprised to see the temperature of the PA being reported to be at 58 degrees C and at times over 60 degrees C.

Is this normal when running at such low power levels?
The fans were set to come on at 40 degrees C thus they were on a heck of a lot!

What is the max working temperature of the PA in the F3K?
or put another way, at what temperature do I need to shut things off to stop them going pop!!

The F3K was running at 13.8v from my Diamond GSV3000 PSU as always.

I had WSPR set to 20% TX and 80% RX.

Mike.
M0AWS
http://www.m0aws.co.uk