Hello Mike

You have a good question below. I have some numbers for you.

The PA will run full power to 100 C  at which point it will cut itself to
25% of indicated drive level.   You can set the temp at which the fans go to
high,   Adding some extra cooling will help also,  as the fan slow down when
not transmitting,  normally we listen more than we transmit.

I did a test. I turned off both mic gain (to zero) and power out to zero as
well. Then I keyed the MOX and watched the temp rise. With fan running, the
temp went up to 49.1c (120.38f). That is when I shut the TX down. Remember
that is with FAN RUNNING and only resting current (no power out). That means
that during times of CW, I am not only generating heat during the dits and
dashes, but also in between because of resting current. Removing 28 watts
final and perhaps 14 watts of driver heat will help.

I have been reducing my output to 80%, but it would be nice to feel good
about running full 100watts during a contest. Many contest have the rules at
150 watts (not 100w) so can be at a disadvantage even at 100%. Remember in a
(pile up) as little as 1db makes a big difference. Most RF men who do not
work pile ups, forget that. If you have three people in the same pile up,
the guy with only 1db better signal is the one who gets answered first. In
contest or DX that is a BIG deal. Those are the numbers.

Hope this helps. Let me know.

73, Bruce, W8HW
I repair two way radios including ham radios