TX1/TX2/TX3 do work as a sequencer (see Eric Wachsmann's 5/31/2011 reply to the FlexEdge reflector titled "TX1 -2-3 info?").

Tim's example is correct for a single TX line connected to an amp. However, TX1/TX2/TX3 are sequenced when using multiple TX lines with delays. In other words, TX1, TX2 and TX3 do not all turn on (connect to ground) simultaneously. Here's how the sequencing works when TX1, TX2 and TX3 are all selected for a given band:

Push PTT
1. Flex 5000A switches to transmit, but no RF out
2. TX1 On (no delay)
3. Wait TX1 Delay
4. TX2 On
5. Wait TX2 Delay
6. TX3 On
7. Wait TX3 Delay
8. Flex 5000A RF Out Starts

Release PTT
1. Flex 5000A RF Out Stops
2. Wait TX3 Delay
3. TX3 Off
4. Wait TX2 Delay
5. TX2 Off
6. Wait TX1 Delay
7. TX1 Off
8. Flex 5000A switches to RX

**TXn On indicates that TX port n is connected to ground causing the relay to close; TXn Off indicates that TX port n is open (not connected to ground) causing that relay to open.

This is exactly how you want a sequencer to behave. This also works if only pairs TX1/TX2, TX1/TX3 or TX2/TX3 are selected. Just skip the appropriate steps above involving the unused TX port and its delay.

73,
Clay  W7CE