I have a 3000 that seems to be unhappy when I am driving my amplifier to
more than 400 watts output.The symptom is a frozen computer screen with old
data  shown in the panadapter. Is it possible that I am lighting up the
firewire  connection and simply stopping the Flex software on the computer? I
am
running  the latest  (as of this date), Flex software in the 3000. SWR back
to the  Flex is very low because I am using a manual tuner in the shack. I
do not get  burned by RF when touching anything in the shack

I frequently use the same amplifier and antenna configuration at full legal
 power with an IC7000 and have not had any issues.  Any ideas?   More
ferrite protection maybe at the computer end of the firewire??

Thanks

Frank Meacher
W4GZV