On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 9:15 PM, Steven Hess <[email protected]> wrote:
> I have been going the General Set up tab DSS Clock Offset calibration
> against WWV and fine tuning my Flex-3000 using the Phase display as outlined
> in the Knowledge base article
> http://kc.flexradio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50175.aspx  several
> times over the last many days.
>  My Phase display never looks like the one illustrated on page 84 of the
> Flex-3000 owners manual v 2.0. It's always a distorted shape or distorted
> circle orbiting the center ring sometimes crossing over the inner ring. I
> can get the signal rotation nearly stopped and reversing pretty easily. I
> have it set where it's just going back and forth a bit reversing directions
> in it's orbit right now. Am I supposed to be seeing a perfect circle here?
> If so what am I doing wrong here? I have calibrated against the 5MHz and
> 10MHz WWV signals.

If you want to get the phase rotation display closer to a dot, reduce
the filter width. 100Hz is plenty to zero-beat WWV.

Also, try to get only WWV or WWVH. Don't use a frequency where you can
hear both. Their signals arrive with different phase values and as
fading makes one stronger and weaker than the other, you will get
sudden phase jumps. Try using CHU.

> I have noticed this DDS Clock Offset number matching point changes depending
> on the total environmental operating conditions. Support says it's not a
> problem 0.25Hz  is plenty close hihi.

You will get different values. It depends on if the reference
oscillator is warmed up or not. If the rig was cold and you just
started transmitting you will get a big change pretty quickly. I don't
try to do the DDS calibration until the rig has been on and warmed up
for 30 minutes so that everything has come to thermal equilibrium.

-- 
Brian Lloyd, WB6RQN/J79BPL
3191 Western Dr.
Cameron Park, CA 95682
[email protected]
+1.767.617.1365 (Dominica)
+1.916.877.5067 (USA)

_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flexradio.com/

Reply via email to