On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Leif Asbrink <l...@sm5bsz.com> wrote:

> ...I do not think available softwares are useful at the
> detect threshold for amateur SSB

=========
Probably not. There are really two issues here: the relative amplitude of
signal and noise, and the ability of software to tell one from the other.
If the character of the signal is well-known, it can be quite a bit below
the noise and still be copied, as we see with the various JT programs.
That's sort of a limiting case at one end. CW is in the middle, and I think
what most DXers would like is a DSP algorithm that would raise readability
even a little bit on a weak CW signal. Even today, some radios are better
than others at this task, and I expect (or at least hope) that there will
be more improvements in the future.

Tony KT0NY

--
http://www.isb.edu/faculty/facultydir.aspx?ddlFaculty=352