To: "Lee Mushel" <herbe...@centurytel.net>
Cc: <flexradio@flex-radio.biz>
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2011 2:25 PM
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Fan noise

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 12:04 PM, Lee Mushel <herbe...@centurytel.net> wrote:

Gentlemen,

I think we have enough opinions on the subject of fan noise now so that
conclusions can be drawn and we can move on to other subjects like 1500 CW
problems, what microphone to use and several others of your choice.

Don't forget egg nog recipes!

I will admit to being fascinated by some of the comments since I have had
no ability to hear anything above 14 kHz since qualifying with the "U.S.
Rifle, caliber 30 M-1, Sir" some 55 years ago. I have always marveled at the quietness of the 3000 and 5000A. I can detect no fan noise whatever.
 But I am certain that with some 13 fan-containing devices in the shack
there must be some detectable sound.   But I've decided that the most
reasonable course of action to take is to ignore the possibility since such
worry would be as silly and pointless as concentrating on similar noise
coming from the XYL that I've been married to for some 49 years!

You know, there is a cure for that!

I find this reflector to be most entertaining and informative.

Absolutely! (Where is that glass of egg nog ...)

--
Brian Lloyd, WB6RQN/J79BPL
3191 Western Dr.