As you know, tinnitus bothers the heck of some people while others
(like me) just ignore it.  Interestingly, one of the standard
treatments for tinnitus in people who are seriously impaired by it is
to mask it with white noise.  Once again, this demonstrates the extent
to which such matters are psychologically as well as physiologically
determined.

Bottom line:  If you think it is going to bother you, it is going to bother you.

I recommend eggnog therapy in all such cases.  Two or three cups and
you won't give a damn whether the fans are noisy or not.  Another two
or three and you won't care if the fans are even running or not.  Your
gear, however, will care...

Bill