To: <flexradio@flex-radio.biz>
Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2011 5:24 PM
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] got it working again...

My problem was likely that I had turned off windows explorer and search in the services. I have almost everything disabled in there since the computer just runs the radio and does not go on the web.

When I first changed the firewire card, I had to disable it and enable it in device manager, and then it worked.
The next time I turned the radio on, nothing.
The next problem was after removing psdr, the new install could not get the driver for the radio to the right location, or something. Manually pointing windoz 7 to the flex folder got the driver loaded and the radio started working.
That might have been something else that I had turned off in services.

The computer does boot up very quick, and runs psdr well with all the extra stuff turned off, but that is a trade off.

I have been checking out the grunge on AM signals, reducing the agc-t helps eliminate it, as does turning the agc off (fixed) and manually adjusting the gain. I have a hard time believing that no one else hears this, its quite nasty on my radio using headphones.

Not sure if I will hold out till its fixed in software, try an older version of psdr, or sell the 3000 and get something else.

Brett
N2DTS

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Sterling" <f...@sgsterling.com>