I have adjusted the volumes and used the headphones right into the 3000, no change. Its only associated with the rf gain and agc, reducing the agc-t eliminates it, as does using fixed agc. It sounds like very small chunks are missing under modulation if you do not ride the gain.

Brett

I would use the free program Soundcard Oscilloscope (which shows the output waveform of your sound card) set to its default 20ms sweep, and visually inspect the audio waveform for clipping while listening to one of the problematic signals. If there is clipping, reduce the appropriate gain sliders in sound mixer and PowerSDR and see if that takes care of it.

In my experience, the AM demodulation of PowerSDR is among the best I've ever heard, and I am very picky.

With my best,

Kevin, WB4AIO.