Thanks, Alan, but with all the good reports on the 400 buck Wallmart special, why bother to build? Planning a run today to see if they're still in stock.

Pierce W4ZDI

-----Original Message----- From: Alan NV8A
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 10:19 AM
To: FlexRadio Reflector
Cc: pierceday
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] AMD chip

On 12/19/11 07:33 am, pierceday wrote:

Several months ago someone (Neal?) wrote of a particular AMD chip and
board combination that was preferred over others for SDR computers.

Could anyone help me out with that info?

This is not the board that Neal recommended, but it is the "little
brother" to the board I use with an AMD 965 quad-core CPU:

Today (December 20) NewEgg has the Asus M4A88T-M motherboard for
US$69.99 (with free shipping) by using the Promo code EMCJHHK33 at checkout:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131657&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL122011&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL122011-_-EMC-122011-Index-_-AMDMotherboards-_-13131657-L0E

That is a mini-ATX board. I am using the M4A88TD-V EVO, a "regular" ATX
board, which has more expansion slots. The integrated video (same on
both) is not for gamers, but it's fine for PowerSDR.

73

Alan NV8A