My experience with the AMD II-X4 machine from Wally world is identical to
Brett.  I ran 192000 with 256 and the rest at 128 and I NEVER ONCE heard  a
glitch with VAC running WDM-KS,  8000, 512  and any of JT65-HF, FlDigi,
MMTTY, MMSSTV along with logging programs DXlab with spot collector,
dxview, etc. I used VSPmgr and Eltima serial cables.

I used N1MM with keying during the Stew Perry and it never blinked.  Near
QSK, etc.

I hope the quality of the parts holds up in the machine because it is a
fantastic performer.  Its only "lack" is VGA connector Nvidia video.  The
Windows "experience" is 3.7 and this is completely dominated by graphics
performance.  I keep my display update to 10, but I could run it higher if
I thought it bought anything.  I never once even started GBoost.  There was
no need.

So, I am very pleasantly surprised, especially after getting a refurbed
earlier model for more money from Tigerdirect and having it arrive DOA.

I think this is the thing that drives me personally to scratch my head
until I have at most three hairs left on top.  I cannot explain why this
inexpensive machine performs the best of anything I've plopped down in
front of, but I will take it.

Bob

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 1:51 PM, Brett Gazdzinski <
brett.gazdzin...@verizon.net> wrote:

> The $400.00 wall mart Acer computer I got (AMD quad core) runs 40 us.
> It averages under that.
> The Sony laptop runs about 1200, but it does run glitchless, if slow.
>
> I suspect there is more to performance then the delay through the system.
> The wall mart computer runs things fine with all the buffers small and a
> high sample rate, which gives almost no delay through the system, but it
> could be even better if it had a real video card with some memory on it I
> suspect.
> But for $400.00, you get 4 gig of memory, a quad core cpu, a terabit hard
> drive, windows 7, a metal case, a power supply, memory card reader, and a
> cd/dvd drive.
> But it might be doing something that grunges up the AM audio sometimes...
>
> Brett
> N2DTS
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Neal Campbell" <abrohamn...@gmail.com>

>>> for the newer 1155 CPU's are fine before any tuning, with the P67