On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 7:24 AM, w2...@yahoo.com <w2...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Same here... could be that 4.10 has problems with some systems (i.e.,
> numerous connections/applications running)?

4.09 works and always works. 4.10 works sometimes and there is a test
version that seems to solve the problems but it is not clear that the fixes
in the test version have been rolled into the release version. (If they had
I would expect it to be called 4.11, not 4.10.)

And the problem is dropouts. Since you are not listening to it, you
wouldn't know it. It will manifest itself as occasional errors in digital
modes that do not use FEC, e.g. RTTY, PSK31, CW, etc.

So, if you want to be 100% sure that everything is working properly,
download and use 4.09. I know, it is blasphemy not to use the latest and
greatest but that is just life.

--
Brian Lloyd, WB6RQN/J79BPL
3191 Western Dr.