If it's so easy to reinject the carrier at the exact phase AND FREQUENCY why
does sideband sound like sideband and not like AM?

--- On Mon, 1/2/12, Brian Lloyd <brian-wb6...@lloyd.com> wrote:
 If you demodulate an SSB signal by reinjecting the carrier at precisely the
correct frequency (very easy to do today), the result is indistinguishable from
the same baseband signal transmitted by classical AM and then recovered using
an envelope detector. (Well, not exactly. The envelope detector tends to
introduce more nonlinearity than a product detector.)

But I am sorry I entered into this discussion. Please carry on without me.

--
Brian Lloyd, WB6RQN/J79BPL
3191 Western Dr.