On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 6:39 PM, w2blc <[email protected]> wrote:

> **
>
>
> There should be no RF emitted merely by pressing the PTT on a mic when in
> the SSB mode. However, that is exactly where the problem happens. The spike
> is instantaneous with the PTT on the mic. I do not know the duration, as I
> don't have a scope. I am seeing it in the decay of peak reading meters -
> others are hearing it on my signal.
>
> I have tried all bands, all antennas, and a dummy load - no difference
> noted.
>
Huh. What happens if you turn the power way down? Is the thump still there?
 I beginning to wonder about your mic.

Have you changed mic cables or mic adapters?

-- 
Brian Lloyd, WB6RQN/J79BPL
3191 Western Dr.
Cameron Park, CA 95682
[email protected]
+1.767.617.1365 (Dominica)
+1.916.877.5067 (USA)
_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flexradio.com/

Reply via email to