I have used Chrome for years and I have never seen DPCs spike enough for me
to go looking for them.  In fact I like chrome as it is multi-processor
aware and doesn't have the memory leaks that Firefox has (you have to go
back to version 3 of Firefox to get rid of the memory leaks).

I don't deny that Cloud Print may be contributing, but there is something
else going on under the covers.

Neal, that is amazing that you got it down to that level.  You and I know
how much work that takes.

If I get a chance, I will see if I can replicate it.   We have at least 4
printers in our house, all shared, and I just haven't seen this.

Mike va3mw

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 9:34 AM, dan edwards <[email protected]> wrote:

> are there any other 'under the hood' settings to tweak?
>
> --- On Wed, 1/4/12, Neal Campbell <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> From: Neal Campbell <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Read This Please!
> To: "dan edwards" <[email protected]>
> Cc: "FlexRadio List" <[email protected]>
> Date: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 2:29 PM
>
> You can use Chrome (its what I use), just never use the Cloud Print
> service, especially do not download any program that lets legacy printers
> be accessible via the internet!
> 73
>
>
> On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 9:27 AM, dan edwards <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> RATS!! i really really like Chrome!! dang...73, w5xz, dan
>
> --- On Wed, 1/4/12, Neal Campbell <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
> From: Neal Campbell <[email protected]>
> Subject: [Flexradio] Read This Please!
>
> To: "FlexRadio List" <[email protected]>
> Date: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 2:20 PM
>
> I have a really nice customer who has been struggling the past month with
>
> very high, periodic DPCs that would either create harsh audio or lock up
> PSDR. He has put many hours into diagnosing this and finally found the
> culprit:
>
> Google Cloud Print!!
>
> Google Cloud Print is a function that allows you to print standard
>
> documents (documents that are of a standard
>  format, such that Google
> Documents could open it) to a printer in your house/office/etc from
> anywhere as long as you can get on the internet. It sounds super. There are
> some printers that have this capability built in and if yo are interested
>
> in this, please buy one of those printers.
>
> The problem is that Google has some software that runs through the Google
> Chrome browser that lets you use non-Google Cloud Print-capable printers.
> It has some software that periodically polls your printer and informs "the
>
> cloud" that the printer is there and ready for business. This polling
> happens every 7 minutes and it spikes DPCs up to 5000us when it cycles.
>
> Do not use Google Cloud Print on your SDR computer!!
>
> The only way to kill this beast is to uninstall Chrome. Just deactivating
>
> the function doesn't stop the polling.
>
> 73
>
> --
> Neal Campbell
> Owner
> Abroham Neal LLC
> Work:    +1 540 645
>  5394
> Mobile:  +1 540 645 8171
> Free Shipping on Computers!
> _______________________________________________
>
> FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
> [email protected]
> http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
>
> Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
> Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage:
> http://www.flexradio.com/
>
>
>
>
> --
> Neal CampbellOwnerAbroham Neal LLCWork:    +1 540 645 5394
> Mobile:  +1 540 645 8171Free Shipping on Computers!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
> [email protected]
> http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
> Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
> Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage:
> http://www.flexradio.com/
>
_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flexradio.com/

Reply via email to