Wow, that was a long and frustrating troubleshooting session.  It even made 
your wife unhappy.  You can't be blamed in being disappointed in the first 
experiences.  I can hazard a guess at what was happening:  the Flex was 
switching RX to TX faster than your amp was able to ramp up.  Maybe ever faster 
than other transceivers you have been using.  So, your amp was hotswitching.  
Adding this delay slows down the Flex' RX to TX switching, giving the rest of 
the chain time to catch up before putting out RF. 
I use some TX delay (100 us) to increase the life of the switching relays in my 
(solid state) SPE Expert, but even without it, I've  never seen the thump 
you've been experiencing.   Hope you enjoy the new and different ergonomics of 
the Flex, and get to enjoy its features. Jim KJ2P   > Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 
08:37:56 -0500
> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: [Flexradio]  [FlexRadio] Re: Transmit spikes - continuing problem
> 
> I have found something that stops the spike: I have set the transmit 
> delay to 70. There does not appear to be a spike using that setting.
> 
> Comments?
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Bill W2BLC
> 
> -- 
> Sent from my blackboard - written in chaulk
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
> [email protected]
> http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
> Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
> Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flexradio.com/
                                          
_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flexradio.com/

Reply via email to