I use an old 50 watt stereo amplifier ($5 flea market purchase) and a
pair of book shelf 3-way speakers ($2 each yard sale). Each enclosure
includes a 12 inch woofer. Adds a new dimension to wall-to-wall short
wave listening and ham band operating. Caution, listening to summer
static and lightening crashes with the volume up can scare the heck out
of pets, spouses, etc. using this system.

Pete, wa2cwa
http://www.manualman.com