Craig,This is similar to my setup, except Ant 2 goes to a 1kw amp, and out a
SteppIR vertical, and Ant 1 goes straight to a little helical dipole. They're
about 100 ft apart, or so. Many other Flex RX2 are also run in an amplified
environment. Gerald has written that the receivers are robust, and there
should be no problems with such a setup. He gave a signal voltage number that
was reassuring, but I don't recall it. If you think about it, this is the same
as a multi-multi contest environment, or even a crowded Field Day. Ain't
blowed up yet, neither.I like what Tim said: that Flex is considering a
complete mechanical disconnect possibility, probably using the existing relays.
That's better than a simple "Mute RX2 when RX1 transmits" button. Jim KJ2P
> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]
> Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 21:12:29 -0500
> Subject: [Flexradio] SO2R Operations
>
> I read all the info on the Knowledge base but it went over some complex
> setup's and I'm not sure if this will work without damaging my RX2 which I
> just installed today.
>
>
>
> I do have the HRFIO-34 board so I assume this will work.
>
>
>
> I have 2 antenna's, a small Mosley Mini 33 and a 251' loop for 75m.
>
>
>
> From what I have read This set up should work without damaging my RX2 and it
> should transmit on the appropriate antenna.
>
>
>
> RX1 set to ANT2 Loop
>
>
>
> RX2 set to ANT1 Beam
>
>
>
> TX set to ANT2
>
>
>
> Lock box unchecked
>
>
>
> Now from what I read when I transmit on 75m VFO A it should go out the loop
> on ANT 2, and if I transmit on 20m VFO B it should transmit out the ANT1
> port as the RX2 is set to ANT1 which makes it a Tranceiver Antenna.
>
>
>
> I hope this makes sense, I am assuming it will work but the example on the
> knowledge base had a dedicated RX antenna for RX1 and the TX antenna was on
> ANT3.
>
>
>
> I hope someone can shed some light on this. I am a bit cautious to try it as
> I don't want to smoke my new RX2 !
>
>
>
> Thanks
>
>
>
> Craig, W1MSG
>
> _______________________________________________
> FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
> [email protected]
> http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
> Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
> Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/ Homepage: http://www.flexradio.com/
_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/ Homepage: http://www.flexradio.com/