Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 17:58:09 -0600
From: Bill Diaz<william.d...@comcast.net>
To:flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Macro ZZTH04000;   problems.

John,
     I have found that the Flex CAT documentation is not all that
accurate.  Some commands don't work as documented or return unexpected
results.

     According to the ZZTH command as documented in
CAT_Command_Dictionary.pdf, sets or reads the TX Filter High setting
within a range of 00500 to 20000;

     The documentation indicates you get get the current ZZTH setting by
sending ZZTH;  My Flex 1500 returned ZZTH03100; .  This corresponds to
the the "Transmit Filter High" value of 3150 found on my Setup, Transmit
tab.

     If I try to enter 20000 as a "TX Filter HIgh" value on the setup,
Transmit tab, it drops back to 3650.

     Sending ZZTH20000; to the Flex1500 gets no response.  Sending
ZZTH04000;, ZZTH03000; etc gets no response.   It is either broken or
mis-documented.

     The ZZTL; command for setting the "TX Filter Low" exhibits the same
behavior, you can read it but you can't set it.

     These results are not all that surprising based on my experience
with the PowerSDR CAT commands.  It appears that the commands get
documented, more or less, but it also appears that nobody ever tests the
commands to see if they actually work.

Bill KC9XG