 From: Richard Clafton <rclaf...@riroc.com>
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2012 7:06 PM
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] New Release

Not everyone gets reflector posts to email.  Some of us get them from browsing
the archives on the
web.   Also, some of us like to have different methods of information gathering
at our disposal.
As for data-mining - you have control over your privacy on Facebook, Google and
other social
networks.  It's a case of editing those Privacy preferences to restrict the
amount of information
you want to give away.   Facebook and Google and the like give you free access
to their services -
it's down to you as a user of the internet to decide what you give them in
return.

We live in a world of Social information - Businesses and Brands are built on
this technology and
you are not going to cater for everyone's tastes, opinions and shortcomings.
Flex is doing the
right thing by exposing their company through many avenues - I personally like
the fact that
Facebook is one of their options, its integrated into my phone which means I
get the information
they post instantly.

I subscribe to Yahoo Groups, Facebook and the Reflector and I get all the
information I need when I
want and need it.   My choice - and my privacy is secure.

This whole thread seems to have blown out of proportion on the basis of someone
throwing their
dummy out of the pram because they did not get some information in a timely
fashion.   We live in
an information world - go with the flow.    Edit your privacy settings, use a
secure and
non-generic password and enjoy the ride.

--
Richard A Clafton | the brITish guy | W5\G7EIX
RIROC - Hosting -  Development - Technology