I am the same on 3 computers.  All updates all the time.  Never had an
issue.

The only time I did is when I had a partial install problem that hung.  I
had to then rebuild from scratch and put on the same maintenance and it was
fine.

Others will agree, but you have to stay up to date with the latest security
patches, and for good reason as those are the points that you will get
infected and your AV won't be able to save you.

I know that there are stories where problems do happen, but those are such
a small part of the entire install base.

Mike va3mw